We hope this message finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines.
We are opening Soon. However, initially this will be very limited access for emergency assessments and emergency treatments only, with strict standard of operating procedures and wearing of the appropriate PPE set out by SDCEP and other governing bodies. We will be introducing dental treatments in phases according to the COVID 19 risk levels announced by the government.
We reassure you that we are fully committed to keeping our patients, staff and community safe. Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our clinic. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable.
Our practice follows infection control guidelines recommended by the SDCEP, Department of Health HTM 01-05 Decontamination in Primary Dental Care and the Code of Practice on the Prevention and Control of Infections. We make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agency’s recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect you and our staff.
• Our practice will communicate with you before your appointment to ask some screening questions to help us with risk assessment and to obtain relevant information such as medical history, consent, etc
• We have hand sanitizers that we will ask you to use when you enter the practice.
• You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, leaflets and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect, but instead you can request for us to email you leaflets, information sheets, receipts, etc.
• Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
• We will allow greater time between patients so that the next patients are not meeting at the waiting room. You may be asked to wait in your car until the patient before you have left the premises.
Please be patient with us during these difficult times, and we apologies for any inconvenience this may cause but these steps are necessary, and they are guidelines from the health authorities for the good and safety of the public and service providers.
We look forward to seeing you again and we are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our clinic on 01224 745447/742513. We value your trust and loyalty, and look forward to welcoming you back at Abercrombie Dental/Abercrombie Smile.
Hello and welcome to Abercrombie Dental Practice and Abercrombie Smile Design.
Both practices provide NHS and Private treatments. We have an enviable reputation of providing high quality treatments in all aspects of Dentistry and also in Non- surgical Facial treatments. We are currently expanding and are registering new NHS patients at Abercrombie Smile. Please contact reception or speak to one of our Dentists.